|Induction and Workshop Information|
|We are looking forward to welcoming you to the redeveloped Alliance Manchester Business School building on Monday 14th January from 2pm; you are one of the first groups of students to make use of the brand new teaching facilities!|
With the building being newly opened, finishing touches are still being made to some areas of the building. Not all of facilities are fully operational yet, including some of the catering outlets. Lunch will be provided each day which will consist of sandwiches, soup and buffet items and this will be served in The Mill restaurant on the ground floor. We hope this will meet your needs and we will be expanding the lunch selection for future workshops, once the restaurant is fully open.
A number of food and retail outlets surrounding AMBS have already opened, in our new retail hub University Green. More outlets will be opening over the coming months.
Please note you will need a student card to enter the building at all times of day. You can get a card printed at the Student Services Centre (building number 57 on the University map). We recommend that you collect your student card before arriving for registration from 2pm.
We hope you will enjoy your time in the new AMBS and appreciate the fantastic space as much as we do! Further information on the building can be downloaded here.
Induction and Workshop Location
- Alliance Manchester Business School (AMBS), Booth Street West, Manchester, M15 6PB (building number 29 on the University map).
- AMBS reception is open from 8am until 6pm. There will still be swipe card access to the building outside of these times.
- If you are driving, the nearest car park is Booth Street West (Car Park D). A full list of car parks is available here.
- Please arrive from 2pm on Monday 14th January for registration. Registration will close at 2.50pm
- Please bring the original copy of your highest qualification for our admissions team to check.
- You can download the full agenda here, and the induction slides here.
- There may be some preparatory materials or case studies for your workshop. Check the Workshops/Pre-workshops folder for each of your courses on Blackboard.
- No printed materials will be provided at the workshops. If you would like printed copies of the materials please print these yourself prior to the workshop. Printing is available in AMBS but you will need to purchase printing credits beforehand (do this here)
- Your workshops start on Tuesday 15th January and run from 9am - 5pm each day.
- Group work is usually expected on the evening of day 2 for Leading and Managing in a Global Environment: Part A. Any other specific timings will be highlighted by your workshop tutor.
|Date & Time
|Monday 14th January 2019,
5.45pm - 6.45pm
|"Monetary and Financial Policy in the UK" A presentation by Dr Brian Sloan, Deputy Agent (North West), Bank of England
||The Jan 18 intake Global Accelerated students have also been invited to this event.
Monday 14th January 2019,
6.45pm - 8pm
||The Hive, 3rd Floor, AMBS
||Please join the GMBA student support team, Jan 18 intake students, careers and alumni for canapes and drinks.
Wednesday 16th January 2019, from 5pm
|Social event in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, opposite AMBS
||Crowne Plaza and Staybridge suites
||An opportunity for you to socialise with your fellow cohort and the Jan 18 students, also attending AMBS for workshops this week.
The Crowne Plaza hotel have kindly provided one free drink per student, please meet us at the bar on the ground floor between 5 - 6pm for your voucher.
|Monday 14th January - Friday 18th January 2019,
12.30pm and 1.00pm daily
|121 Appointments with careers
firstname.lastname@example.org to book
Lunch & Refreshments
- The Global MBA team are located on the second floor of AMBS. The Student Support Team are located in Room 2.052. Staff will be available during breaks if you require assistance.
- There is a mid-morning (10.30am) and afternoon (3.00pm) break. Tea and coffee will be available outside your classroom in the Hive events space. There is also the Cafe 65 coffee shop on the ground floor.
- Your tutor will advise you of your lunch break, which is normally around 12.30pm.
Wireless Internet Access
- We advise that you come to the workshop with your laptop or tablet fully charged as there are limited plug sockets available in the teaching rooms.
- You can access the Wifi in any University of Manchester building using your university login details.
- The best Wifi for you to access is Eduroam: log in using your mzy number with ‘@manchester.ac.uk’ at the end. For more information about Eduroam and how to connect, check here.
- If you are having difficulty accessing Wifi, try removing your Eduroam profile and reinstalling it. Instructions on how to remove your profile can be found here.
- For any IT issues, walk-up help and support is available at the nearby Alan Gilbert Learning Commons (Mon-Fri 9am-9pm / Sat and Sun 9am-5pm). More information is available on the IT Services website.
Prayer Rooms on Campus
- There are many multi-faith rooms around Campus, please see this map. The Student Support Team or Reception staff will be able to direct you to the closest buildings.
- There is a fire alarm test in AMBS every Wednesday at 13:20pm.
- Please note that fire doors must NOT be left open at any time.
- Please refer to this Emergency Evacuation Procedure, for the new AMBS building.